Christmas Markets of Poland, Prague & Germany (Winter 2020 2021)
Christmas Markets Of Poland, Prague & Germany (Winter 2020 2021)
These stunning cities of the east reveal their medieval charm, among the sparkle of twinkling lights and the magic of Christmas.
- Prague: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and savour a steaming mug of Svarák, traditional mulled wine, along with the local Trdelník pastry.
- Berlin: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with delightful German cuisine and wine at a local, family-run restaurant, complete with music and Gemütlichkeit.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Prague: With a Local Expert, look down on the Vltava River from the heights of Prague Castle, dominated by the soaring spires of St. Vitus’ Cathedral.
- Berlin: With a Local Expert, see the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall and the beautifully-restored Reichstag Building.
Top Rated Highlights
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere of Christmas, where you can shop for local delicacies and try the heart-warming Glühwein, available on all departures.
- Kraków: Take in the ambience with a walk around the magnificent Cloth Hall in the Market Square to see the Christmas Market.
- Kraków: Ascend Wawel Hill with a Local Expert to see the Renaissance castle and visit the historic cathedral.
- Kraków: Cross the former Jewish Quarter of Kazimierz to Old Podgórze to see Ghetto Square and remains of the Ghetto Wall.
- Wroclaw: Be delighted with the thousands of twinkling lights adorning the market in the historic main square of Rynek.
- Kutná Hora: Step into the macabre world of the Sedlec Ossuary, also known as the Church of Bones – one of the most unusual chapels you will ever see!
- Dresden: Your guided tour shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal ‘Procession of the Dukes’ mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Kraków.
Wroclaw, the Venice of Poland.
Kutná Hora and Prague.
Prague, City of a Hundred Spires.
Dresden and Berlin.
The Spirit of Berlin.
Auf Wiedersehen Berlin.