European Discovery - Preview 2021
European Discovery – Preview 2021
Discover the incredible diversity of Europe’s finest destinations on this beautifully-curated journey of discovery. From the romantic spires of Prague to Cinque Terre’s teetering ocean-side towns and the soaring peaks of Switzerland, this is a well-paced journey offering the ideal mix of sightseeing and time to relax. Meet plenty of locals, including a Rhine castle owner, an Italian pasta chef, and Austrian foodies who will invite you for dinner
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: With an artisan baker, enjoy a demonstration and learn the history of the traditional pastry Schneeballen (snowball), followed by a tasting.
- Prague: An artisan baker shows you the secrets behind Trdelník or traditional Czech chimney cakes. Enjoy a demonstration and delicious tasting.
- Salzburg: Relish in the authentic experience of Farm-to-Table dining.
- Veneto: Visit a local winery and delight in a tasting of their magnificent prosecco. Meet the vignerons and learn how to make the perfect Bellini.
- Cinque Terre: Savour authentic Italian cuisine made from traditional recipes as you dine for a Sea-to-Table lunch at Ristorante Da Ely in Cinque Terre.
- Lucerne: Enjoy a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. Choose your preferred ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Paris: Rendezvous at a local restaurant, loved by locals, for your Celebration Dinner, accompanied by delicious French wines.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (LW) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with wine tea or coffee.
- Rhine Valley: The beautiful scenery of the Rhine River is supplemented by the many castles dotted along its banks. Delight in a private estate viewing at one of the Rhineland castles and learn more about these living cultural monuments upon the Middle Rhine.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing as you watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Venice: Learn how the Venetian gondola is made on a visit to a traditional arts centre.
- Vatican City: Enjoy VIP fast-track entry into the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, as well as exclusive access to the Bramante Staircase that is usually not open to the public. During your visit to St Peter’s Basilica, see Michelangelo’s ‘Pieta’ and Bernini’s intricately carved Papal Altar.
Top Rated Highlights
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train from London via the historic Channel Tunnel.
- Amsterdam: Cruise in a glass-topped boat through the historic waterways, where wealthy merchants built mansions during the Golden Age of the 17th century.
- Würzburg: See the Residenz Palace as you explore the old town with your Travel Director. Stand on the statue-lined Alte Mainbrucke and see the Marienburg fortress.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Explore Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the most well-preserved town on the Romantic Road.
- Prague: Bewitched by the gargoyles of St. Vitus Cathedral and ghosts of Bohemian Kings, experience a private guided tour through the courtyards of Prague Castle with a Local Expert.
- Salzburg: Join your Local Expert to visit the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace and Residence Square – both locations used in ‘The Sound of Music.’ You will also see the imposing fortress, the immense cathedral and Mozart’s birthplace on the lively Getreidegasse.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Rome: Experience Rome through the eyes of a local, as a passionate Roman guides you through vibrant backstreets, showing you how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Florence: Join a Local Expert to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Cinque Terre: With your Local Expert, cruise to and explore two of the villages of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument and walk the covered Chapel Bridge to see the Jesuit Church.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs-Élysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you travel part of the Romantic Road and later pass the areas of the Tauern Mountains, Veneto, Apennine Mountains, Tuscany, Umbria, Chianti Hills, Italian Riviera, Italian Lake District, Swiss Alps and Burgundy.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel …
Welcome to London.
Depart from London by Eurostar and onto Amsterdam.
Rothenburg and Golden Prague.
Prague, City of a Hundred Spires.
Salzburg, City of Mozart.
The Tauern Mountains to Venice.
The Magic of La Serenissima.
On to the Eternal City of Rome.
Rome with the locals.
VIP Vatican and Florence.
The Cinque Terre.
Across the Alps to Lucerne.
Lucerne’s Lakes and Mountains.
Sights and delights of Paris.
The food and flavours of Paris.
Au revoir Paris.